Geoflex Selected as a Finalist of the Mobility 4.0 Challenge by the Software République
A finalist among 10 startups, Geoflex will showcase crowd-mapping and lane level crowdsourced traffic information using its high accuracy positioning solution
(ProNewsReport Editorial):- Massy, Essonne Oct 22, 2021 (Issuewire.com) – Geoflex, a provider of high accuracy positioning services, is announcing that it has been selected among the ten finalists of the Mobility 4.0 Challenge organized by the Software République, a consortium made of six major European companies: Atos, Dassault Systèmes, Orange, Renault Group, STMicroelectronics, and Thales.
In the next 6 weeks, Geoflex will use its GNSS augmentation service to demonstrate, using standard GNSS hardware available in current vehicles, crowd-mapping, and lane-level crowdsourced traffic information. These highly accurate maps could then be used for car-centric applications (lane level navigation and guidance, ADAS) as well as in smart city and last-mile delivery operations.
Thanks to the Software République, Geoflex will have access to the data necessary for its project and will be supported by experts from the six companies to prototype this idea. On December 6th, 2021, the jury will review the 10 proposed projects and choose 3 winners.
The jury of the Mobility 4.0 Challenge is composed of eminent representatives of the six companies:
– Sophie Proust, EVP Group Chief Technology Officer, Atos Group
– Laurence Montanari, VP Transportation & Mobility Industry, Dassault Systèmes
– Frédéric Vacher, Head of Innovation 3DEXPERIENCE Lab, Dassault Systèmes
– Jean-Marc Lafond, IoT portfolio Director, Orange Innovation
– Luc Julia, Scientific Director, Renault Group
– Gilles Le Borgne, EVP Engineering, Renault Group
– Frédérique Le Grevès, Executive Vice President, France Public Affairs, STMicroelectronics & President and CEO, STMicroelectronics France
– Stéphane Royer, Group Chief Data Officer, Thales
“We are very happy to be in the 10 finalists selected among the 150 project submissions,” said Romain Legros, CEO of Geoflex. “Now the team is excited to start developing a great proof of concept highlighting the value generated by our services to the automotive and mobility world. “We look forward to a fruitful collaboration with the experts of Atos, Dassault Systèmes, Orange, Renault Group, STMicroelectronics, and Thales.”
Geoflex provides a cloud-based, safe, and accurate positioning service enhancing GPS/GNSS based applications to 4 centimeters positioning on land, at sea, and in the air, using the PPP CNES©/Geoflex technology.
Geoflex provides universal hypergeolocation to trains, cars, vessels, drones, smartphones, and more, working with the leading worldwide players in these markets.
This hypergeolocation system is based upon a unique alliance between a portfolio of technology patents developed for more than 10 years by French space agency CNES, and a seasoned team with 30 years of experience in GPS/GNSS.
Geoflex has been founded in 2012 by Romain Legros, a serial entrepreneur in GNSS. The company is headquartered near Paris, France.
More on the Pronewsreport:
- Apollo Craven is Enhancing Rock Music with their Creations
- Unwind with the Soulful Melodies of O’Neill Fernandes’ ‘Mother’s Love…Vol.3’
- How Best Website Design Services in USA Can Help You Build a User-Friendly Site?
- Dr. Chan Lap Ming is a general practitioner with special interest in cosmetic medicine
- How Press Releases Can Improve Your Content Marketing Campaign?